In our business litigation practice, some of our accomplishments include the following:
- Won dismissal of former Miramax president in class action federal case involving allegations against Harvey Weinstein for sexual misconduct and RICO violations.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal on behalf of a former employee of Knoedler Art Gallery in a high-profile civil RICO litigation in the Southern District of New York involving claims of art fraud.
- Achieved pre-answer, non-monetary dismissal on behalf of two company defendants in complex business dispute in the Eastern District of New York.
- Quashed subpoena on behalf of a hedge fund against Bank of America.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of corporate client accused of violating the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for alleged failure to maintain an ADA compliant website.
- Obtained favorable settlement for former General Counsel of a title insurance company who was sued in several cases in New York State’s Commercial Division for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and negligence.
- Secured a non-monetary stipulation of dismissal with prejudice in favor of a major New York financial institution in a federal commercial action.
- Obtained post-trial reduction of a federal jury award for a real estate company based on insufficient evidence.
- Recovered sanctions, including recovery of attorneys’ fees, against an opposing party for discovery violations.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement after aggressive motion practice on behalf of a film production company in a film financing contract dispute.
- Secured a five-fold increase for an institutional investor who objected to a federal securities class action settlement plan of allocation.
- Negotiated favorable monetary settlements for a quasi-governmental Canadian agency in federal breach of contract actions.
- Negotiated substantial increase in severance pay outs for multiple former executives of major financial institutions.
Ms. Serpe's high level of professionalism is exceeded by her keen and quick mind. She does not hesitate to tell you where you stand, patient in discussing the practical implications of the legalities swirling around you, and her sincerity shows in walking you through your options. I would not hesitate to recommend her for your needs and for you to follow her directions. The path she sets for you will help lead you out of whatever unfortunate circumstance you might find yourself.
I came to Serpe Ryan LLP regarding a legal dispute around a complex financial dispute and little hope of ever recovering what was owed to me. The team quickly came to understand the matter, the opposing party, and worked with me in a highly responsive manner to far exceed the outcome I had expected. Serpe Ryan LLP offers both the high talent of a white-shoe firm alongside the practicality and responsiveness that comes with working with a boutique practice.
I had the distinct pleasure and privilege to work with and learn from Silvia Serpe. Anytime I am involved in a complicated legal case I seek her guidance, which is indispensable to me and has allowed me to grow professionally.
Silvia Serpe has represented my company, Kaleidoscope Learning, for over a decade. She's thoughtful, responsive, and we always feel that we get tremendous value from the time that Silvia spends working with us--she sees things from a big-picture perspective and helps us think through our ideal results in any particular situation.
Serpe Ryan is an outstanding firm with experienced professionals that deliver exceptional results. Silvia and Paul's qualifications and knowledge are superior and they do not miss a beat. They are honest and on point with everything and make you feel comfortable the whole way, regardless of the temperature of the situation.
The law firm of Serpe Ryan LLP was obtained for me by my employer. From my first meeting to the last interview with the Government, it couldn't have gone better. Both Paul and Silvia were professional and knowledgeable; they prepared me for my meetings with such ease and expertise. They made a very unique experience as pleasant as possible.
Serpe Ryan is the Go-To firm for top-shelf legal representation. Ms. Serpe is an excellent attorney and will represent your interests in the most proficient and professional way possible.
Serpe Ryan is an excellent law firm with exceptional attorneys. I engaged them on a complex matter and they handled it successfully and efficiently. They are seasoned litigators with a broad range of expertise and I would not hesitate to work with them again.
I think Paul Ryan differentiates himself by being very focused and responsive. In each of my cases, he: (1) immediately worked to get up to speed and resolve the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible; and (2) always answered/returned my calls and emails promptly. I was happy with both the resolution process (time requirement and cost for me) and the resolution of each inquiry. In each of my cases, Paul facilitated a brief interaction with the SEC which resulted in them ending their inquiries without prosecution.
My experience with Serpe Ryan was excellent. Both Silvia Serpe and Paul Ryan are uniquely qualified to bring broad perspective to cases given their varied backgrounds. Serpe Ryan was highly responsive, proactive and thoughtful from our very first meeting throughout the entire process. They always dug in to ensure they fully understood my needs, gave us the best opportunity for success and made me feel like their most important client. I highly recommend Paul, Silvia, and their team and have the utmost respect for their work and advice!